On 10/8/05 12:46 PM, "James M Snell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is fairly quick and off-the-cuff, but here's an initial draft to
> get the ball rolling..
>
> http://www.snellspace.com/public/draft-snell-atompub-feed-expires.txt

Looks good, I think it does need a little bit of prose explaining that this
has nothing to do with caching, and should not be used in scheduling when to
revisit/refresh/expire local copies of the resource.

Similarly, if I understand correctly, when you write
   "The 'max-age' extension element is used to indicate
    the maximum age of a feed or entry."
you are referring to the max-age until the informational content of the
respective feed or entry expires. And similarly with age:expires. Yes?

Aside: a perfect example of what sense of 'expires' is in the I-D itself...

    Network Working Group
    Internet-Draft
    Expires: January 2, 2006

:-)