* Bob Wyman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-08-22 05:25]:
> If Atom provides all we need, lets not do something else unless
> there is a *very* good argument to do so.

I’m not inventing anything. Atom Entry Documents are part of the
spec and Atom Feed Documents may legally be empty.

And a consumer of a stream according to your proposition does not
get away without implementing some special ability to be able to
interpret it correctly anyway – you are using “plain Atom” at the
cost of requiring a specifically abled XML parser.

My proposition requires a trivial amount of extra semantics
implemented at the application logic level; yours requires extra
semantics at the protocol logic level (the protocol being XML).

I think doing this in application logic is so cheap that reaching
for the protocol logic is unwarranted.