Karl Dubost wrote:
> - How one who has previously submitted a feed URL remove it from
> the index? (Change of opinions)
        If you are the publisher of a feed and you don't want us to monitor
your content, complain to us and we'll filter you out. Folk do this every
once in a while. Send us an email using the contact information on our site.
(Sorry I don't want to put an email address in a mailing list post... We get
enough spam already.)

> - How someone who's not mastering the ping (built-in in the
> service, the software) but doesn't want his/her feed being indexed by
> the service.
        Providers of hosted blogging solutions or of stand-alone system
should feel a responsibility to do a better job of educating their users as
to the impact of configuration options (or the lack of options.) There are
many blogging systems that don't support pings and others which normally
provide pings but allow users to turn them off. Some systems, like
LiveJournal even allow you to have a blog but mark it "private" so that only
your friends can read it and pings aren't generated. What might not be
happening as well as it could is the process by which service or software
providers are educating their users. Services should work harder to educate
their users.

        bob wyman