It is now five years since the completion of the NewsML [1] standard and the
International Press Telecommunications Council [3] is hard at work on NewsML 2.
In November 2004 we published the Requirements for NewsML 2 [2] and are now glad
to announce the publication of the first public Working Drafts of:

-  the NewsML 2 Architecture Model [2]

-  the NewsML 2 Architecture Technical Specification [2]

We welcome comments on these documents and will study them carefully though we
do not have the resources to provide feedback on each comment received.

The Working Drafts contain a number of features, issues and questions closely
related to the work of the Atom WG.  These include the representation of
alternative content in news items, the representation of ordered, unordered and
alternative collection of news items, the standardization of news-related
metadata, and many other hot subjects.

We welcome comments on these and other issues.

To submit and/or discuss general comments, please use the NewsML 2 mailing list:
To minimise spam, we require that people wishing to send messages join the list.

[1] http://www.newsml.org/
[2] http://www.iptc.org/dev/
[3] http://www.iptc.org/

Laurent Le Meur
IPTC, News Architecture WP chair
AFP, Medialab manager

This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and  intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you
have received this email in error, please  contact the sender and delete the
email from your system. If you are  not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy  this email.

For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at
http://www.afp.com