Quoting "A. Pagaltzis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
* David Powell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-03-31 09:55]:
XHTML 1.0 doesn't support xml:base does it?  As I understand it,
only specs that say that they support xml:base allow you to put
xml:base on their elements, but any spec that allows URIrefs has
the concept of a base-URI, so for envelope specs such as Atom,
you'd expect xml:base in the envelope to set the base-URI for
the content.

To be honest, I’m not sure about the precise spec interactions
for this case. What I do know however is that Gecko respects
xml:base in XHTML content.

Opera 9 weeklies should do the same...

--
Anne van Kesteren