Very nice.

One thing I like about the current atom spec, is that the link relations are in fact urls. The link relations are equivalent to the urls generated by appending "http://www.iana.org/assignments/ relation/" to the "alternate", "self", ... rel="..." strings.

This is very nice, in that it opens up the possibility of placing good RDF descriptions of these links at the http://www.iana.org/ assignments/relation/, as well as making the link relation very extensible (people who want to try out new link relations, can just use their own, unambiguous url).

I would recommend you adopt that too. Perhaps you can even adopt the iana name space. If we could get them to put the appropriate rdf document at that location, people who created/coined new link relations could describe these relations as being superproperties or subroperties of relations the browser already knows, which would allow the browser to partially interpret those.

Just a thought.

Henry