Thomas Broyer wrote:
<snip>
I'd largely prefer augmenting the existing media type with a 'type'
parameter:
- application/atom+xml => either feed or entry (as defined in RFC4287)
- application/atom+xml;type=feed => feed
- application/atom+xml;type

=entry => entry

</snip>

+1

On 11/29/06, Thomas Broyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

2006/11/29, James M Snell:
> Create a new media type for Atom Entry Documents:
application/atomentry+xml

> Deprecate the use of application/atom+xml for Entry Documents.

I'd largely prefer augmenting the existing media type with a 'type'
parameter:
- application/atom+xml => either feed or entry (as defined in RFC4287)
- application/atom+xml;type=feed => feed
- application/atom+xml;type=entry => entry

> {{{
> Atom Entry Documents are identified with the
>  "application/atomentry+xml" media type (See section 15).
> }}}

How about defining a "tree" similar to the */vnd.* one?
- application/atom+xml => feed or entry document
- application/atom.categories+xml => category document
- application/atom.service+xml => service document
...and of course, if this proposal is finally accepted:
- application/atom.entry+xml => entry document

As for Tim's concerns, I'd also prefer having it done outside the APP.

Also, the APP draft would need to be updated to remove the "entry"
special value for app:accept, as it would be equivalent to the new or
revised media type (app:accept=application/atom+xml;type=entry or
app:accept=applicationAtom.entry+xml)

--
Thomas Broyer