Thomas Broyer wrote:

2006/11/29, James M Snell:
Create a new media type for Atom Entry Documents: application/atomentry+xml

Deprecate the use of application/atom+xml for Entry Documents.

I'd largely prefer augmenting the existing media type with a 'type' parameter:
- application/atom+xml => either feed or entry (as defined in RFC4287)
- application/atom+xml;type=feed => feed
- application/atom+xml;type=entry => entry

I also think this is a nicer solution. It reflects that the two document
types are fundamentally the same format. If there's no practical reason
to have two actually separate MIME types, I think it would make more sense
to differentiate entry and feed documents like this.

~fantasai