On Wednesday, December 06, 2006, at 08:30PM, "Antone Roundy" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Dec 6, 2006, at 12:14 PM, Jan Algermissen wrote:
>>
>>  I'd say: stick with the one media type that is currently there -
>> there is no problem, just misconception about what it means to
>> subscribe.
>
>A few reasons why a user agent might want to be able to tell the
>difference between a link to a feed and a link to an entry beforehand
>is in order to:

But that is an issue of linking semantics, not link target media types. I'd
expect the user agent to look for links with 'here is a feed' semantics instead
of looking for (arbitrary) links to certain media types.

IMHO, there is something going wrong somewhere - and it ain't the media type.

Jan