+1 to "yeah, what Bob said".   We'll still have to manage the transition
around clients that don't send "type=entry" to GData services, but if we can
point at an APP spec where this param is required on POST/PUT, it's possible
to push through this.

-- Kyle

On 12/14/06, Tim Bray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bob Wyman wrote:
> There is, I think, a compromise position here which will avoid breaking
> those existing implementations which follow the existing RFC's.

<co-chair-mode>In case you haven't noticed, the WG is hopelessly split
between the new-media-type option and the media-type-parameter option.
If a few people were to put up their hands and say "yeah what Bob said"
your co-chairs would probably do a hasty consensus grab.</co-chair-mode>

  -Tim