Jan Algermissen wrote:
on the NewsML list, an issue came up that due to they lack of a
MIME type for NewsML using NewsML as Atom content is somewhat
problematic[1];

From my brief reading of the thread, I got the impression that NewsML did
have a media type (text/vnd.IPTC.NewsML) - it just isn't recognised as an XML media type. If that's correct, then surely you can just escape the content as you would with "html" or any other "text/" media type. Obviously it's not ideal, but it is workable.

If you think it's vitally important that the content be embedded as unescaped XML, then I would think a more practical solution would be to get a "+xml" media type rather than trying to extend Atom.

Regards
James