On 1/4/07, James M Snell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> If the NewsML folks
want to be able to use a proper
mediatype to identify their stuff AND treat it as XML,
they should come upwith an appropriate media type
registration (e.g.application/newsml+xml, etc).

Did the "+xml" convention ever get formalized in some RFC? I know we all
*think* that tacking "+xml" onto the end of something means that it is some
use of XML, however, if I remember correctly, this little bit of syntax has
never actually been formalized... Or have I missed something? Is there an
RFC that defines what "+xml" means?

bob wyman