On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 07:39:50AM +1100, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > When I want to have installed MythTV 0.22 (from the stable repository)
> > on CentOS 5 I need to install qt44-x11 package first (from the testing
> > repo).
> >
> > The problem here is that a stable package depends on a testing package.
> > Would it be possible to either move qt44 stuff from testing to stable,
> > or move mythtv 0.22 from stable to testing?
>
> I'm planning to do this upgrade myself in the next few days. What was
> the outcome of this? Or do people just enable QT to come from the
> testing repo and be done with it? After all there are other packages
> that also need to come from testing such as libFLAC* PIL and
> perl-XML-Twig.

For RHEL5 the testing repo isn't really "testing" quality, but stable
quality. The reason why the packages are not labeled stable is that
they exist in one or another form in the vendors' pool as well (like
qt44 vs qt4), so in order to offer a conservative opt-in model for
RHEL and friends these packages are banned from stable.

So just enable testing to get all bits and bolts.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net