Stephen Kitchener wrote:
Hi,

Apologies it this is an FAQ, but am I correct in thinking that tcrequant is
now missing from mythtranscode ??

Yes: it was in the 'transcode' package, had been giving problems and was
deprecated about a year ago.  Since then, AFAIK, it has not been built
by default.

I experimented with 'vamps' with somewhat unreliable results, but found,
only last week, a solution that seems to work.  It's based, like vamps
and several other packages, on newer code from Metakine, who released
the core of the tcrequant package, but this has no added frills and for
me it 'just works'.  It isn't a drop-in replacement for tcrequant,
because it needs to know the size of the input file and I'm not clear
about whether it can be used in a pipe.

http://code.flexion.org/M2VRequantiser.html

John Pilkington

Message re-sent to the list after the habitual 'reply button' misrouting.