On Saturday 30 Jan 2010, John Pilkington wrote:
> Stephen Kitchener wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Apologies it this is an FAQ, but am I correct in thinking that tcrequant
> > is now missing from mythtranscode ??
>
> Yes: it was in the 'transcode' package, had been giving problems and was
> deprecated about a year ago.  Since then, AFAIK, it has not been built
> by default.
>
> I experimented with 'vamps' with somewhat unreliable results, but found,
> only last week, a solution that seems to work.  It's based, like vamps
> and several other packages, on newer code from Metakine, who released
> the core of the tcrequant package, but this has no added frills and for
> me it 'just works'.  It isn't a drop-in replacement for tcrequant,
> because it needs to know the size of the input file and I'm not clear
> about whether it can be used in a pipe.
>
> http://code.flexion.org/M2VRequantiser.html
>
> John Pilkington
>
> Message re-sent to the list after the habitual 'reply button' misrouting.

Hi John,

Thanks for the information - I would be very interested in how you use it
specifically, if at all possible.

Regards

Stephen Kitchener

www.imagebysteve.co.uk

Do not meddle with the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with
mustard

The Difference Between Genius And Stupidity Is That Genius Has It's Limits ~
Albert Einstein