Hi Stephen:  I suppose the natural place for this is somewhere on the
mythtv lists, but I'm attaching a diff between my current mythburn.py and the one from the distribution. Some of it enforces mp2 sound throughout, needs a menumusic.mp2 that is no longer supplied, and probably breaks theme support; some of it removes a little junk from the logs; and it enables use of the new M2VRequantiser.

I forgot, when writing this, that the Mythlogo introductions as supplied have ac3 sound. To get a pure mp2 disc they need changing too. Otherwise just delete the parts of the patch that refer to menumusic. The internal player still finds switching format - and, indeed, recognising mp2, troublesome.

I'm now using ProjectX for all cutlist and stream-selection work, but apply the cutlist before mytharchive. Fifo support needs (?) to be turned off in frontend media setup so that the file size can be determined, and this would often flag up 'fatal' errors from mplex that are justifiably ignored by the fifo code. You'll need to specify M2VRequantiser in the frontend media setup, too.

HTH

John P