On Thu 28/06/2012 9:48 PM, Brian Long wrote:
Paul, you should never upgrade (rpm -U) the kernel.  Should you always install
(rpm -i)
it.  Yum knows this and it should have installed the updated kernel alongside
the
currently-running one.  This allows you to fall back to a known-working kernel
should your
update fail.

Are you sure the old kernel is gone?  You should be able to edit grub.conf and
tell it to
boot the previous kernel where the nvidia kmod still exists.

rpm -q kernel should list two or three kernels on a default Fedora install
(once you've
performed updates a few times).

/Brian/

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 2:27 AM, Paul Wilson <myli...@wilsononline.id.au