On 28/06/12 13:43, John Pilkington wrote:
On 27/06/12 16:08, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM, John Pilkington <j.p...@tesco.net
<mailto:j.p...@tesco.net>> wrote:

    On 27/06/12 12:30, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

        On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 4:59 PM, John Pilkington
        <j.p...@tesco.net <mailto:j.p...@tesco.net>
        <mailto:j.p...@tesco.net <mailto:j.p...@tesco.net>>> wrote:

    <snip>

            It might be easier to look at the repo:

http://dl.atrpms.net/f17-x86_____64/atrpms/stable/nvidia-____graphics302.17-kmdl-3.4.3-1.____fc17-302.17-146.fc17.x86_64.____rpm

http://dl.atrpms.net/f17-x86_____64/atrpms/stable/nvidia-____graphics295.59-kmdl-3.4.3-1.____fc17-295.59-146.fc17.x86_64.____rpm

<http://dl.atrpms.net/f17-x86___64/atrpms/stable/nvidia-__graphics295.59-kmdl-3.4.3-1.__fc17-295.59-146.fc17.x86_64.__rpm>

<http://dl.atrpms.net/f17-x86___64/atrpms/stable/nvidia-__graphics295.59-kmdl-3.4.3-1.__fc17-295.59-146.fc17.x86_64.__rpm
<http://dl.atrpms.net/f17-x86_64/atrpms/stable/nvidia-graphics295.59-kmdl-3.4.3-1.fc17-295.59-146.fc17.x86_64.rpm>>

            and to thank Axel again!

            There isn't a full set, but these should get you in business.

            John P

        But this set has the problem of requiring modutils >= 2.4.14,
        which was obsoleted by kmod.

        Trying to force the installation module-init-tools brings a
lot of
        inconsistencies
        to the system...

        kmod seems to only have suppressed /sbin/weak-modules
        and added /usr/bin/kmod.

        Axel, is it possible to change the dependencies into the kmdls?

        Thanks.

        --
        Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
        DCC - UFRJ

    Pity about that.  I'm using the repo version of 295.59 in f16.x86_64
    without seeing problems.  Not using VDPAU.  Haven't tried 302.17 yet.

Yes, this on F17 ...

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
DCC - UFRJ

I tried the repo version of nvidia 302.17 as well, and playback was
fine; but I've reverted to f16 kernel 3.3.7-1 and nvidia 295.49 after
missing a batch of simultaneous mythtv recordings.  There have been big
updates of KDE and mysql and I have been experimenting with dual-head
screens - provoking segfaults on exit from frontend and/or mythvsetup -
so I'm not clear what the real problem is.  With the new kernel,
mythtvsetup couldn't see any of my tuners, although they did appear in
dmesg and some recordings were made.  All rather strange; I think I'll
retreat for a bit.  Myth build 0.24.3-283.

John P

I suppose this might be happening because I don't yet have a v4l kmdl for the new kernel. I'll install one if it becomes available, and try again. Until then the reversion to 3.3.7-1 still looks ok. I do have v4l installed for that, but ISTR that it worked without.

John P