On 2/24/2015 9:53 PM, Stephen Collier wrote:
On 25/02/2015 3:19 PM, Barry Quiel wrote:

On 2/24/2015 1:20 AM, Duncan Brown wrote:
On 24/02/2015 06:38, Stephen Collier wrote:
On 24/02/2015 4:08 pm, Barry Quiel wrote:
Stephen -

Thanks for the CentOS7 packages of .27.  I have been looking for them
for a while.  A quick piece of feedback.  It looks like python-Mythtv
is missing a dependency.  None of the metadata lookups would work
until I added python-lxml.  It didn't get added as a dependency. This
could be my issue however.  I used the CentOS minimal install disk
and added from there.  It's possible that python-lxml would get
installed from a "normal install"

Also one request:  Any chance your next build of mythtv you could
include hdmi-cec support?  I installed libcec from your repo and can
see the cec traffic with my pulse8 adapter.  The key presses just
aren't getting into mythfrontend.  I did a mythfrontend --version and
didn't see cec listed.  My guess is that you didn't compile in cec
support in myth, but I could be doing it wrong too.

Barry,

Thanks for the info. I'll add it to the build. I've tried a couple of
times to get cec in the build (not too hard) but it ignores it at
configure time. If I know someone wants it I'll have a much harder
look as I wanted to include it in the original builds.

Cheers
Stephen

I think it needs this patch to work with the version of libcec I assume
you are using

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11338

So no luck on the new packages.  I'm not sure if its actually getting
compiled in.  I recall you mentioning you were have problems and it
was being ignored by configure.  When I do a mythfrontend --version I
would expect to see something like using_cec or using_libcec.  I don't
see that, but I could be wrong.  I also don't see mythfrontend linked
against libcec.  But it's possible that they aren't linking against
the library and just reading raw from the /dev/tty.  In that case all
my assumptions would be incorrect.

Barry,

Sorry the new packages built before I made the changes. Automatic builds
help me not have to keep kicking them off but they sometimes build at
the wrong time. The 27.4-20 rpms are the ones you need. They should
build over the next couple of hours. Mock which is part of the build
system broke so I had to patch it before anything would build hence the
delay.

Let me know if it works. It should be there soon.

Cheers
Stephen

Unfortunately it's still not working. But its not a myth problem its a libcec problem. Basically the library can't find the /dev/tty that the adapter is plugged into. So since it can't find it it can't give it to mythfrontend. I don't see any method or config file option to specify so that the library can find the /dev/tty without the detection code.

The error is:
libCEC has not been compiled with detection code for the Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter, so the path to the COM port has to be provided to libCEC if this adapter is being used

Here is where I got libcec from ;)
libcec.x86_64        2.1.3-2.el7   @scrpms
libcec-devel.x86_64  2.1.3-2.el7   scrpms

If I can find the time maybe I will take a crack at trying to compile libcec with detection code. I'd probably be playing a bit of catch-up considering you have already packaged it, so have a build script.