On Wed, 03 Jun 2015 19:25:20 -0700
Kirk Bocek <t...@kbocek.com> wrote:

> I am currently going around with a gentleman on the MythTV list who
> is confused because the mceusb driver is creating both /dev/lirc0 and
> the /dev/input/eventXX entries. He thinks one or the other should be
> created.

This doesn't match my experience.  I just plugged a USB DVB adapter
into my Fedora laptop and it created both a /dev/lirc0 and
a /dev/input/eventXX entry.  I'me not sure it matters much, since I
don't refer to the /dev/ entry at all in my lirc config.

> So can you still do multiple remotes with the devinput interface? So
> you don't have a specific remote in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf?

I don't know, since I never tried it.  Maybe one would have to run
multiple lirc daemons.

For my current setup I specify the device using the
LIRC_DEVICE='name="Media Center Ed...."' syntax.

Jim