Ok so I already have a quick question, not sure if it really matters
or not. I am in the backup steps, i know i know :)

# Make a tar of all files on the "Recovery" partition
cd src
tar cf ../dst/backup.tar *
cd ..
# force a disk buffer flush
sync

umount src dst
rmdir src dst

The directions above have me spit out a TAR into /dst. then it wants
me to delete the dst which contains the TAR file. Isnt that removing
my backup.tar file that I need to keep?

Also when I tried to unmount src dst it said that unmount was an
unkown command... not sure what the deal is there? Anyways I stopped
at this point and walked away because I wanted to verify that I was
not deleting my backup.tar file.