>>> "TH" == Tassilo Horn <t...@gnu.org> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>> Right, but on master, how is the version number obtained? I mean which
>> git command (say from the command line) would provide me with 14.0.6?

> The master branch doesn't know about ELPA releases at all.

When I run make on master (on a repo which is under git), tex-site.el

Contains  the string

,----
| (defconst AUCTeX-version "14.0.6.2024-06-30_22:58:10"
|   "AUCTeX version.
| If not a regular release, the date of the last change.")
`----

When I run make on master (on a repo which is *not* under git, but hg),
tex-site.el

Contains  the string

,----
| (defconst AUCTeX-version "13.3"
|   "AUCTeX version.
| If not a regular release, the date of the last change.")
`----

Which was obtained from Changelog.1

So I just what to know how in the git repo the string
"14.0.6.2024-06-30_22:58:10"
was obtained.

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.