Arash Esbati <ar...@gnu.org> writes:

> IIUC, we have only "YES" answers for switching to ELPA releases and I
> don't see any reason to wait longer.  Tassilo, since you're a more
> versed Git user than me, do you want to make this change?  I.e.,
> rename the current master to 'auctex-13' (or anything else you think
> fits better) and change the default to main?

FWIW, "main" is already the default branch when initializing a new repo
(since a git version maybe a year ago).  However, it seems when cloning
and there are both "master" and "main", it still prefers "master" and
checks that out.

I can rename master to auctex-13 which is actually a deletion of master
and pushing of a new branch auctex-13 which is identical to the old
master.  Then everybody who has a checkout of master will have to run
"git branch --set-upstream-to=auctex-13 master" so that his local master
branch tracks auctex-13.  Not sure if that's actually needed because
that branch won't get any updates anyway.  But it would get rid of the
error on "git pull" that origin/master is gone...

Will do tomorrow!

Bye,
  Tassilo