Re: Let's really dig in to Tolkiin and Lord of the Rings,

You know, the main complaint I've heard about the Silmarillion is people trying desperately to keep track of the family trees?
I kinda stopped paying attention to who was related to who not many generations after Feanor, though it did prime me to pay attention to the lineages of nobility in my own stuff, I guess.
It helps, I suppose, being able to keep track of the ancestral baggage between the characters, but at the same time, the fact that a huge number of important characters are elves and live for ages makes it a lot simpler than our own history.
(Hm, is there anyone in Middle Earth during the third age older than Galadriel? ... I suppose I mostly mean elves, since the ints are older than everyone short of the various Maiar-based beings... ... actually, it's been like ten years and I'm not sure, but aren't the ints Maiar as well?)

  • Re: [Audiogames-... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Joseph Westhouse
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Mord-Sith
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: CAE_Jones
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Dark
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: arqmeister
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: arqmeister
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Dark
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: arqmeister
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Dark
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Dark
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: darkabomination
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: Joseph Westhouse
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — Off-topic room: arqmeister