Re: Clean, Beautiful Forum Posts in Email

Hey Dark, at least in my experience, I now track audyssey because there are some good postings and because I can easily filter the mail, but I actually do think a lot of the extraneous postings on either forum are quite easy to differentiate on quality. (I admit, I've seen audyssey or blindgamers or whatever it was at various stages of its existence, and it does seem to have quietened down now to an agreeable point.) I'm not talking formality, just basic consideration. I know this forum allows off-topic, for example, but it's much easier to deal with here than on the list, precisely because tangential discussion is much more compatible with a forum than a mailing list, where every message you didn't mean to read on an unrelated topic is wasted time and it's simply all too common for people to reply, or start new threads by replying, or any number of other netiquette violations that make power email users' lives miserable. Of course, you're also c orrect that there are many nice postings to audyssey and many short-lived postings on the forum--it's a general statement.  I simply find that the signal to noise ratio around here is substantially higher, especially when you take into account the grouping of sorted messages by forum and subject (which my reflector gateway embodies in the email headers, making it easy to handle in my clients). (And if this is a concern to the audyssey mods, it's time to teach people how to use their f***ing email clients properly, sorry.) Forums like this one are great because they collect great visitors and enforce etiquette that everybody can follow almost without thinking, and regardless of whether or not this is ultimately why I enjoy this forum more, I think it really embodies the community rather better.

But JMHO, YMMV, ICBW, etc. smile

Cheers,

Sabahattin