Re: Clean, Beautiful Forum Posts in Email

Yep, agreed that moderators really help, and you guys do a great job of keeping the spirit right around here without being totally unfriendly. Mailing lists, also, have unreasonable dictators. smile

Social as I am (or at least purport to be smile ), I do hold mailing lists to a bit of a high standard, because the other lists I'm on simply can't afford disruptive digressions.  So while OT is totally OK, it must not be to the detriment of other threads where there is a general understanding that the topic being discussed would not be of interest to those people who initially started following a thread. In your Disney example, I should say that, being OT and obviously related to the follow-ups, it's already fair game even on a mailing list for not being changed to a new threa d subject or, at least, a new thread that preserves the old thread's references.  I'm not asking people to be slaves, just considerate.  (And don't get me started on the particularly wonderful way top-posting is done indiscriminately on some lists, because it's not uncommon to get whole threads in one message making it really, really hard to search for info.)

But yes, really, different spokes for different folks. smile

Cheers,

Sabahattin