Re: braillemone a pokemon port for visually impaired players

To be honest, if a game requires me to use walkthroughs to actually play the game instead of using my own ability to explore and the like, then the game is inaccessible as you need the assistant of a guide.  Just because it's in text form doesn't mean you are not getting assistance in playing.  In fact, your claim contradicts the point you were making.  You still need assistance to solve the puzzles to get through areas and find the better TMs, and this still count as getting external aid.  The way that this accessible port is going is what the previous two posters were saying.  All the stats screens, overworld layout, and information is all in an accessible format and requires no external aid from a guide to describe an area or solve a puzzle visual players can figure out without it.

    As well, another feature that was introduced into the Pokémon games was the ability to get an estimate of a Pokémon's IV, or individual value.  A guide wouldn't help yu with this because it is random with each Pokémon, and a few of these people can tell you the range of your IVs.  Same goes for Nature which would heavily  alter your stats, and another thing you would not be able to get from guides.  Other factors that fall into this are Shiny Pokémon, Unknown letters (if your into that thing), gender (which does have an affect on evolutions, attacks, and abilities  (And also the Daycare center to breed Pokémon which enters a whole new other training consideration).
   Another thing was distinguishing attacks through sounds.  There are a lot of attacks out there, from direct damage moves, piercing moves, lockon moves, and stat alteration moves.  Sometimes these attacks use similar sounds to each other, and the attacks sometimes have different effects.  Such moves that fit this are Earthquake/maginitude, rocktomb/rockthrow, Tackle/karatechop (Uhh sounds the same to me)/takedown in some cases.

   And the reason I pointed out a lot of the stuff above that mostly was considered training stuff was that if we went around blindly (no pun intended) catching stuff and training Pokémon, and decided to fight a sited player, that player would destroy us due to the fact their stats, attacks, and setups are far better then ours because they have access to info that cannot be found on guides.

    Okay, the stuff I pointed out also is for the serious Pokémon player that wants to min-max stats and come out with highly powerful Pokémon for competition play or for the new battle challenge things.  For a person that mainly will stick with the single player, min/maxing isn't important because the cap level where wild Pokémon and trainer's Pokémon reach is less then the level  100 you can accomplish.  But when you do the Max 50 lv battles or fixed level battles, stats are one of the most important factors of the game.

   Now that my rant is over, I shall go back to playing with the alpha here.

  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: arqmeister
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: pelantas
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Joseph Westhouse
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Spiraling Wyvern
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Joseph Westhouse
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Jayde
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: arqmeister
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Spiraling Wyvern
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Spiraling Wyvern
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: pelantas
  • Re: [Au... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: daigonite