Re: I'm finishing a roguelike for the visually impaired

These are Rogue-likes, a class of games characterised by in-depth dungeon exploration, with RPG-like elements, a very detailed game mechanic, and more often than not a text-based interface. You can play them if you have a braille display, or with speech if you have a great deal of patience to memorise the layouts. They run in a command-line shell, and all of the symbols are usually simple ASCII characters. There are newer breeds with visuals and sound, but I hear even from hardcore players that nothing beats text for depth and complexity.

For a somewhat romantic take on a Rogue-like for Windows that is completely audio, you can't go wrong with Entombed. Try that. smile