Re: I demand change, starting with, a petition

The irony with Bt, is that their actual employees ingineers, financial office etc once you can actually get to speak to them tend to be quite reasonable, and I've had reasonable experience with their tech support. The only problem is that their main sales and customer service is just dire since your dealing with lots of people on the other side of the world who basically no nothing about the business beyond the basic problem tick sheet they've been given.

For example, they initially attempted to tell me that I didn't need someone else to install the router or indeed read me the wireless network password "because we sent you printed instructions in the box" and tried to charge me 50 pounds if I wanted someone from the company to do it.

It took having the phone slammed down on me by one adviser, then being very persistant through the complaints end before they agreed to actually send round an ingineer both to installer the router and read me th e wierless network password.

really for the amount of havoc this cost it was quite ridiculous!
The other thing I've noticed with Bt is they have a very naughty little habbit of charging you for things your not using, unless you specifically yell at them for the itemised bill, heck, they were charging me three pounds a month for free calls to selected friends and family numbers even though I was already paying for free calls to all! land lines before I stopped that one.

Regarding the network speed, well as I said I don't really care that much, though then again I don't torrent.

The thing with bit torrent is that possessing the program itself is technically illegal, though practically speaking your chances of getting court are pretty low and you'll only usually be charged with it if your being charged with more serious crimes at the same time.

This is why I personally prefer to stay off torrents just in case.