Re: Sol 1.2 is out with experimental audio mode support

Normally, I would make an edit, but this is a slightly different point, so it'll just be a second post.
First of all, don't drop the project. I gotta say for only 2 people, Brad and Crashmaster managed to get quite a lot of negativity into this thread. For someone who plays as many mainstream games as audio ones, I for one have to say I really appreciate your efords.
So one idea that crossed my mind which would help to reduce the audio clutter is that not all sounds have to play continuously. The sounds for the various platforms and slopes could be represented as echos of your footsteps that would still be higher or lower in pitch based on where the platforms are. The sounds for enemies, hazards and powerups should probably still keep looping as they are less common and more important. You may have to change the footstep sound for this though because the one you have now is very loud and long.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seal via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sik via Audiogames-reflector