Re: When is a business to big? FS in another Merger?

I'm speaking more in terms of financial practicality. Also, I'd like to point out that while Jaws comes with custom scripted files, NVDA has the following:
1, it's easy to set up and get running, whereas JAWS requires registration, and from my experience people actually had to be called, to help my vision teacher and I install it.
2. using the NVDA (I'm not sure what the actual name of it but on the laptop keyboard it is used with NVDA + shift + arrow keys) makes things accessible that normally wouldn't be, as you can use it to focus the mouse.
3. It's a more practical financial solution. You use JAWS, but did you purchase it with your own credit card, with no outside assistance what soever? I know that I had no assistance getting NVDA...
4. Um... you realize that NVDA has a... bunch... of add-ons for it? It's simple, really. Press the download link, do your browser's standard procedure for choosing to open a file, and cl ick yes to the "are you sure you want to install the add-on?" and then choose whether or not to restart. Simple as 1, 2, 3, 4...
5. You actually have to go through a whole set up wizard with JAWS when it's installed. There are so many settings you have to configure, and you have to read the documentation to get what some of them mean.
6. May I ask what tweaking, (Code because jaws requires settings tweaking as well so that's not a valid argument if it's not code related), you had to do for NVDA in the month you used it? Or, were you just trying to make it like Jaws since that's what you were used to. Unfamiliarity does not make a screen reader only usable for geeks and techies. I had a hard time getting used to NVDA, simply because I was using Jaws for 3 years before starting with it. But to be honest, I was doing my every day tasks with NVDA, starting the first day...

  So as you can conclude, it's all opinion based, really. J aws costs more than NVDA and rather than having a python coding console, you have a _javascript_ manager in jaws, and rather than having to code add-ons you have to code scripts, and rather than downloading a simple screen reader you have to use CDS, get a driver, and authorize...I could go on. But I won't, because again. It's just opinions. After all if we're "bashing Jaws", you're "Bashing NVDA" so to speak. For the reason that all this debate is is really a few people belting out their preferences and opinions, I will not be responding to any follow-up posts you or anyone else might present. The screen reader debate topic is both a long-debated, and useless topic to discuss.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector