Re: Very disappointed by some people

@Figment, well over here you can require crb checks and other insurances if your technically employing someone, though I never bothered with my downstairs neighbor sinse I knew her fairly well (and if she had done anything bad it wasn't as if I didn't know where she lived).

The cleaning service I use now is a business, albeit a fairly small one, however I'm sure they're reputable simply because of who else they clean for, indeed I was recommended them by a friend of mine who herself has severe juvenile arthritis and is so unable to clean herself, and where I am in Durham isn't really the sort of place you'd run into major crime problems anyway.
That cleaning robotdoes sound cool though. I have heard about them before, but haven't been sure on their use.

For assistance with other stuff, it sounds like perhaps looking into someone else is a good idea, maybe an agency or maybe a friend or neighbor, if your brother's situation isn't going to be conducive to being helpful.