Re: Griff! Sidescrolling Platformer Fantasy Game

Very valid point there, sterlock. I actually did think about this, and came to the conclusion that that must have been what happened. A demo like this could be coded in... what. a few days, 2 weeks tops if you know your programming? And from what I can tell, all the voiceacting is actually done by one person. Another point to raise here is if this game was oh so ready for release and only needed seperating the demo from the full version, zipping up and uploading,  then why did he post a second demo, if he could have included the fight with ruckus in the first if it was all ready coded? Also, I think that one month should have been more than enough time to do the work required to get the full version out to people.
Same with edge of winter: What did we get at first? A bunch of videos made from audio which was cleverly edeted together to make it sound like the editor was playing a game. Next, we had the manual, which could have been posted right after the "demo" videos. But instead, giro had to come up with a control skeem, a story, and game mechanics to make the non existent game seem exciting so others would buy it. Next, we had the demo about... what was it, two months later? And yet again, that demo was probably coded just to keep customers happy. And now where do we stand with both games? An announcement from giro, telling us that the game should be here in the next full days for the people who preordered them. The confirmation emails took this a step further, saying that the game was all ready done, and only had to be zipped up and uploaded to be sent. In the emails which were sent out for griph, we were promissed a wait time of a few hours at most. With edge of winter, we were constantly offered release dates which mearly stated september, october, and after november, no more release dates at all. This leeds me to believe that there are no games, no full versions, and the money from preorders is probably all ready gone.
The con clusion of this rant or what ever you may wish to call it: Never, ever, under any surcumstances buy a game from giro22, even if it could save your life, your pet's life, your familie's lives, and the hole world besides.