Re: The Windows 10 New World Order

LOL, I love so much the title of this topic.
I'm on windows 8.1, and I don't know for what reason would I upgrade to win 10. Cortana and Microsoft edge cannot persuade me to go. Maybe I can install it in the summer, but I'm very lazy to get my stuff back in the way it was before.
I wholeheartedly  gave up on windows 7, it's the version of windows that has driven me up the wall the most. The CPU never got a chance to get lower than 75% and ram was at 60% or more all the time. My laptop used to get so much heated that in the summer you could safely put any potatos into it, and they would get fried. Jaws used to crash, especially when running jaws 15, and there was no point in using NVDA at that time.
On the other hand, windows 8.1 is a little different. It turns up very quickly and I can have NVDA or jaws speaking in less than 10 seconds after I have pressed the power button.
The CPU when doing nothing stays at 16% in my school laptop wit h a tiny 1.4 GHZ duel core processor and generally 6% in my desktop one with a 3.0 GHZ duel core. Both are running win 8.1. After all, it is not the same as having your processor 80 to 99% when leaving your laptop on the table and being able to hear the fan striving to cool it down.
As about privacy concerning, we have earlier accepted the fact that everything we do on our computers is monitored and noone can guarantee that apps or services installed on your machines collect data and information from your stuff. I remember someone in a blog about 6 months ago saying that facebook had installed an extension on our computer that could collect information on your activity and documents we have there.
Once, I was ironizing apple's privacy and restrictions and told my friend that when itunes asks you to report your music to Apple, it was just the time they did it.
So, in my opinion, nothing is safe when we use our PC online.