Re: Crime Hunter

Given i've already rote a review of sbu and this is largely the same thing, if you've already red it you can skip this.
Frankly because this needs to be said the only difference I see in this verses sbu are the removal of pits and even easier mecanics, with the acception of level 4. I was able to complete the concept demo in much less time than it took me to do with sbu.
I'll try to word this as friendly as possible. Keep in mined even though I had douts about this game from when I downloaded it, I still tried to give it the bennifit of the dout and played through all 4 levels, attempting to search for any mecanic to like in this game.
I know how hard it is to be a developer. I know the struggles when people complain and I know what its like trying to make your features work. Believe me, I do understand the struggles us devs go through because we choose to.
But quite frankly, and this'll sting a little and may come off harsher than I intende d, but no one else is saying it so I may as well. From a player and a developers standpoint? This isn't even trying. It doesn't even feel like a concept demo to me, much less a game that had work put in gameplay wize. The only 2 mecanics I could really find to like in it were the nice fade in and fade out sounds when traversing from one section to the next in the level with the water, and the difficult bolders and spikes you had to jump over, which by the way are bunched a little too close together, resulting in my instant death the minute i'd take a leaping jump across from one spike to the next. The problem also comes into play by the fact bombs and bolders take off way too much health and you don't regain health fast enough, which results in some rather painful death's, but this could just be me so i'll leave this up for debate.
From one developer to another mason, I really think that you aut to take a bit of a break from game developing for a w hile, or at least focus on your current projects. I'm not normally one of the people who believes in gigantic inovations, and i'm normally the type who will play a game even if its largely the same stuff i've played before but honestly, in this case, I can see why people are saying this has already been done a million times before and while I don't say you should entirely make a new concept altogether, if your going to make a new project, at least spice it up with something, like the glider in sbp. Believe me I seriously wish I didn't have to write about the game like this. I even stopt in the middle of writing this and replayed it including level 4 again to see if their was something I was indeed missing, and I managed to beat level 4, but alass. It seems quantaty seems to be taking place over quality in this situation.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darth scorp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darth scorp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : katil2008 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : katil2008 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musical professor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : yukionozawa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : yukionozawa via Audiogames-reflector