Re: The Windows 10 New World Order

It's here. Windows 10 is now a "Recommended" update. We knew this was coming, of course. Watch out.

@Chris: I don't know whether Windows Mobile spies like 10 does, although as you said, I'd not be surprised. I know that previous versions were excellent; better even than iOS (no details required to get a Microsoft account, just an email address). And carriers make it worthwhile for vendors to load their phones with crap with discount pricing, so the vendor gets more coverage by selling their users out. Yeah, real quality.

In slightly related news, Apple announced their financials. iOS growth is now flat. All their other products have been going down for a while now. So, while I think Apple is more than its stock price, I hope they get their shit together fast. Not that any of this is really relevant to privacy, of course, except insofar as they're the only decent option other than Linux in that quarter.