Re: The Windows 10 New World Order

hi aaron, ok
from a puerly performance point of view. here are my findings.
in my humble opinion. windows10 is not yet ready for us.
reasons is.
1. slow browsing of files using normal windows explorer. for example.
folders with lots of documents mite feel sluggish. and take time to open.
weather its nvda interacting slowly or explorer, i cannot yet verify. stay away for this reason.
secondly. remember. no control over updates. so any driver update or important device update mite be installed if not turned off by the user.
speed wise. again in my humble opinion. and by testing, i found that,  there's no huge huge difference between boot times of windows 8.1 and windows 10. a few seconds. if at best.

if you wish to really want to get the last second you can. then sure go win10. again, all these observations has been tested on 2 machines. the one is a netbook, running an ssd, the other a server grade pc. with 32 gig ddr3 cors air vengence ram, running at 1600 mhz,  core i7 2600k over clocked to 4.1 ghz.
noctua, nh-d15, CPU cooler. and
gigabyte p67a-ud4b3 motherboard. sandy bridge chipsit.
note. even though its older technology its stil on par with performance of today. the point with me using these hi end speks here   is
to show u on how diverce machines i tested windows10.
so with my findings i can assure you win8.1 and seven. has no slow downs. i'd put them heads up with win 10 and they'd all browse,  and work faster.
again. i do not no if this is an issue with nvda, or win10 it self. i am unable to verify this. but in both my test runs.
tried it twice. i had the same experience.
i tried first to upgrade. then test. and then i had a reinstall from scratch, and then tested. with the same results. file explorer behaves slowly. menus and other functions just feels slower. you don't have that instant response. that you have wit h 8.1 and win seven.
and yes, i tested this hi end pc, with 2 ssd's, the one is a samsung 840, evo.  freshly formatted and ready for use.
the other is a samsung PM851 m.2 sata SSD.
SSD.. often found in mackbook laptops.
now as to the answer of your other question.
if you are say, running win7, and you choose to upgrade to win10. all your documents and aps most of them, will be taken over safely, every thing will be as  is, and you can role back, to win 7, should you not be happy with what you found.
if, you choose not to keep any thing. your stuff will be mooved to a folder called windows.old.
very important. in case something does go wrong. always, but always make sure,
that you have a backup of your entire system, before dooing upgrades or installs. this is the safest way you can revert back to ware you started.
I hope all this helps you.
kindly excuse spelling as i am in a rush and have not time to spell check

all i can say is. i am not a fan of win10 at the moment. and unless those issues are cleared up? if having to pic my poison? i wil stay on 8.1 if i ever wish to moove away from win7.
win8.1 stil has access to windows updates even though u got to look for that settings pannel in control pannel. but you can stil do what u used to do in win 7. but win10 feels slower to me. if used over a period of  a week or more. you'll begin to see what i am getting at.