Re: looking for ideas to help me with my independence

Hello Aaron;

First off, great job! My independence is okay, but it could be a lot better.

Money and credit cards.

I've not used a credit card and wouldn't recommend it. Why? Because it's very easy to get into debt and you don't want that.

I use a debit card and am happy doing so.

As for paper money, a five is the smallest,, then ten is a bit longer and wider, a twenty is thin and long and a fifty is the biggest I've seen.

I've used my debit card mostly so I could be wrong in the sizes of notes. I'd recommend asking a sighted person what note is what, then you can feel them and memorize each note. It's not as hard as it sounds once you get used to it.

Although, personally, I'd recommend a debit card. All you have to do is remember your pin and you can pay for nearly anything using it.

As for putting bank details down, I've done it and think that it's the best for me, however; it m ay not be the best for you. That's for you to decide.

As for fun things to do, There's this site and app, the site is called, www.meetup.com and it's where you can find groups to, well, meet up. You do need a picture to sign yourself up,but once that's done you can pick your groups that you'd like to join and hopefully have some fun.

That will help with your independence, since you'd have to buy either a rail card, or a freedom pass and will have to use taxis, (I recommend Uber.) and socialize. This meetup site has meetups in the UK and US, I'm not sure about other countries but one thing I am sure of, is that the meetups will be fun.

Another thing you could try, is going to the gym.

I, myself don't like doing that, not because I can't but because I prefer socializing.

I hope this helps.