Re: looking for ideas to help me with my independence

Hi.
I agree with the poster about credit card.
I have a debit I use for shopping but just incase I am a totaly adictaholic I won't overcharge myself.
If you see the show can't pay we'll take it away, being strapped for cash in the worse case can be really baaaaaad!
In fact one of the debt collecters in the show said he himself that he had be in debt for a bit and described it as a hellish place.
I have limited my shopping to paypal use mainly because its the easiest.
I have a local store mightyape which handles a lot of things like cds, and dvds.
book depository which handles books and another fishpond which is reasonably fast.
You can probably find shops like these in your countries, book depository is everywhere, fishpond and mightyape are nz only sadly but check em out and see.
These shops have large warehouses in major citties and I am just lucky to live close to one, so sometimes delivery can be same day delivery.
Anyway with cash I usually just use 20s and 10s as 20s are all I need to handle and they are in a clip in my wallet, 10s and 5s are smaller than those.
Right, you should be able to get this from your blind organisation for nothintg or low cost there are coin organisers though most coins do have access features.
You can also pick up something called a note guage which looks like a step ladder with each step being a note size.
the left side of the gage has large print embossed numbers the other braille numbers.
There is ofcause this thing if you are in the us.
http://www.afb.org/prodProfile.asp?ProdID=1845
I have never used it.
atguys has barcode scanners and such.
Your android/ ios/ whatever device probably has some sort of id program or many, there are probably as many apps as there are devices and more becides.
So its just a matter of choosing the right app and fiddling with it.
I have not used the note gage  much but new ones will be coming out because cash is changing and while the note gage is half the size of a braille slate its probably usefull if you need things.
I have found it hard to put cash in my wallet fast unless I am sitting down in a vehicle or on a bench so I usually get my friends to do this for me while outt with them.
When I am out normally my eftpos magnetic card is my prime source to pay for things.
My chip card works well enough to.
When with my family every few weeks I empty out my account till there is 200 or so bucks in there enough to stop the automatic autodraft going off.
I also get out some cash for use which I store at home.
Over that, family wize Usually I transfer cash to the pool account we all share for bills and such and its account I primarily use when doing things, my parents pay for things and I top it up.
I realise this won't be for ever though as I am still at hom e and hardly go out that much.
Most of my work is net bassed.
So carry round what you will use.
Usually its dollars and 2 dollar coins a lot of them, they are good for small things to vending machines.
If you need to take lower a 50 cent is usually good to but not less than that.
As for notes since I know I won't be able to identify or use much over 20 I use those 50 dollar notes and higher can be split but they can get a lot of smaller notes.
Sometimes if I know I will be getting something like 5 dollars in a note I ask for it in coins so my wallet is not full of little notes I may loose.
And while I don't use it much now, 1 and 2 dollar coins saved my ass being a student.
You can buy a lot of soft drink, chips, cookies and small to large serial  bars for 1-2 dollars at least you could but prices have gone up.