Re: looking for ideas to help me with my independence

hi.
I use a debit card as well and I'm very happy with it. you have to remember only a four digit number which you can use to pay almost everything you want.
here in Romania I have a special tool that helps me identify money, though I don't use it that much now because I've found an other better way. basically it's a peace of plastic folded into two equal parts, you put the bank note in between the two peaces of plastic and slide it until you reach the edge where they meet, you close it and fold the bank note around the peace of plastic and it will come exactly to it's value, on the plastic are written various numbers, for each bank note respectively. you might want to ask for such a thing, it might prove usefull.
an other effective way to know which bank note is which is to allways keep them in a order. I usually keep the higher valued money on top because they are bigger, and allways keep an evidence of how much money you have on you.I hope this post was helpful.