Re: looking for ideas to help me with my independence

@Turtle, the braille is on the bottom half of the card, just like the print lettering. I don't know where the magnetic strip actually is. Maybe along the top where it's blank? I can feel the strip on the back side of the card to sign my name.

@Aaron, maybe if you present us with some more specific situations, we can provide more helpful suggestions for you. I use a Keurig machine for my hot coffee which dispenses a single cup of hot water into my mug. On the rare occasion I have tea, I microwave the water. When I used an electric kettle briefly a few years ago, I used one of those liquid level indicators. No way I was touching that boiling water.

The knob for our oven is marked at degree intervals. Ditto with our washing machine and dryer. We got sighties to dot some puff paint for us. Our stove burner knobs aren't marked, because that doesn't need to be so precise. 3:00 is medium high, straight down is medium, 9:00 is medium low, and it clicks into place at 12:00 for off.