Re: looking for ideas to help me with my independence

@Turtle, my lady is similarly aversed to butter and other such textures, though I will say in some sandwiches they can be rather nice, eg, very thin ham or smoked salmon.
As to liquid levels, well I started off with a liquid level indicator,but when I started drinking propper coffee stopped bothering sinse it wouldn't fit over the cafeteir.I then just got used to using the finger tip with hot  liquids the way I do with cold ones, though I do now have an indicator again which i tend to use for tea, it's one of these things I'll use if it's there but I'm not bothered if not.

@Cinnamon, I have similar markings on the cooker and   washing machine too, though my cooker actually has braille labels. No need for puff paint though if you just want tactile   marks. I don't know if you have  come across bumpons but I can highly recommend them, basically they're rather tiny plastic markers with an adheasive surfice on one side, useful for marking most everything I even took some to the states with me and marked my lady's sister's otherwise inaccessible microwave.