Re: looking for ideas to help me with my independence

As to liquid levels, I almost never use well-insulated cups, so even if I'm not holding it so as to feel the weight, I can usually track it by how the temperature changes. Actually, I can tell water and orange juice apart based on how quickly the temperature changes when I grip the glass. (The juice heats up faster. They have to both be in the same type of container and have reached equilibrium first, of course.)

(that "use heat capacity to identify the drink" trick took a while to figure out. I haven't tried it with enough other drinks to manage it for anything but water vs orange juice. I tried it with some kinda strawberry kiwi thing once, but failed.)