Re: Thank you Apple: my wrist just got a makeover

I agree with post 16. As it currently stands, the watch is a very expensive accessory that works with your iPhone and *only* with your iPhone. Do I think it has use cases? I certainly do. Do I think it could potentially get better with future changes to the hardware and software? Absolutely! However, I can't justify purchasing one of these at the moment. Did oyu all know that the thing has 8 GB of internal storage? what? Why does a device only have 8 GB of internal storage and a rather slow processor? I mean, I get that it's a watch, but bleh! Maybe I'm being too hard on it since it is a first generation product, but I just don't know. I think Apple is also playing with fashion here, but that's another topic for discussion.

Here's my question on the supposed native apps in the watch. Can you install an app on your watch and then use it independently of the phone? From what I've heard, you can't, since the data from that app is streamed from the phone. If this is the case, what's the point of native apps? I guess I'm disgusted because this piece of technology is marketed as a fashion device and is severely limited. Like I said, I'm excited to see what this thing will be able to do, but if this is going to remain a simple accessory, the price needs to drop by $300 or so before I'd even consider it. For $350, I could buy a 32 gig iPod Touch which does more than the watch.