Re: The oddity of "Reverse Sales"

Well I could see a situation where this would be needed. Say a developer didn't think a game would do too well and so sold a version four 1 usd with 5 levels. Then however, everyone liked the game, so the developer decided to write five additional levels or some extra modes, and therefore decided to up the price to 2 usd, after all, sales would support a larger game than expected and why should the developer do extra work for nothing?

Of course, the developer could sell the additional five levels and extra modes as an in ap upgrade, but if say the developer wanted to insert the additional five levels not after the first five but among them, then the developer would probably be more adviseable upping the price.

The only problem i could see this causing is there would need to be a way for those who bought the initial game to pay the difference if they decided for the upgraded version, and equally if some people decided not to buy the upgrade they would still need a working game after the fact.

Of course, the problem I suspect is that this sytem could too easily be misused. An unscrupulous developer might for example simply raise the price when the game did well just because they felt they could, and to all those who said "Hay why was your game five dollars yesterday but eight dollars today?" could just reply "well hard luck to you, I! decided to raise the price"

So like anything, a two edged sword and a tool people should use with caution I think, though so long as the developer doesn't disrespect their customers there shouldn't theoretically be a problem, albeit customer respect and actually recognizing that a vender has as much obligation on them to provide to the customer as the customer has to pay for the product is not an idea encouraged in todays reduction to numbers society where customers are just walking mechanisms for converting product into prophet.