Re: When is the last time anyone has read a braille book?

Revolutionary? It's revolutionary to be able to read independently now? smile

Anyway, yeah, props to small developments. Standalone reading is already a feature for the notetaker user, but mine is now permanently on my desk, connected to my iMac (with a cable) and my iPhone (with Bluetooth). I don't do serious note-taking on it, but at least it can process text files for reading. It's the BrailleNote Apex.

I've scheduled a demo of the BrailleNote Touch; I'll tell you what I learn about it. I don't expect to be blown away, but I also know that Humanware is capable of great things in the areas of convenience and appreciable perfectionism and beauty for the braille reader, so I'm not entirely sceptical, either. I don't suppose it'll be like the good old days of the BrailleNote Classic (which was a very bug-free and refined experience, d espite its serious lack of connectivity) but it's got to be better than Windows CE.