Re: When is the last time anyone has read a braille book?

@Sebby, sorry for my confusion. smile
@TJT1234, ah, I didn't realize it had a slower refresh rate.
Thanks for the good information.
For others who want more info on it, I found this page that does talk about the refresh rate being too slow for experienced braille readers, but fine for slow or average braille readers:
http://www.transformingbraille.org/2016/03/
It also says that this base model could potentially be upgraded to have any of the following features, for an additional cost:
• A faster refresh rate
• A lower noise level
• Choice of number of cells
• Choice of shape and location of keys
• Transformation of device into a simple note taker.
That is for organizations that are buying 10000 units at a time, so individuals don't get that kind of choice, but hopefully this turns into a range of much less expensive braille displays provided by large companies over the next few years.

I hope I get a chance to feel the refresh rate in person some time soon.
I learned braille as an adult and I think average is the best I could consider my speed.
I do use a braille display every day though, for programming.
Mine is not portable though, so a 20 cell for something close to affordable might be nice.