Re: FYI: DRM is Evil. Very, Very, Very Evil

@Sebby

That's why I only used Steam for games that were exclusive to it. Some other users say that Valve has promised and alternative unlock for Steam games should Steam ever be shut down, but so far no one has been able to provide proof in writing of such a promise ever being made. I know its not in the Steam software license agreement, nor is it in the Steam turms of service and Terms uf use agreements. So Valve can make all the promises it wants or other users can claim they have all they want, until I see it in writing, I'll just pity all the idiots that threw all their game eggs in the Steam basket.

So if Steam ever goes down, all I'll lose are a few Valve games and a handful of other games that are exclusive to Steam.

I handled Electronic Arts' Origin the same way.

So far those are the only two gaming clients I've ever used, and now that all those games are inaccessible to me. I won't ever go back to using either one agai n.

In the audio game market, the only game client I've heard so far is Guide Dog Games, and I have no intention of ever using them.