Re: FYI: DRM is Evil. Very, Very, Very Evil

Maybe, at some time, Netflix didn't pay attention to your location, but I'd be willing to bet that the studios or content owners eventually did and threatened to terminate Netflix's license to carry their content, if they didn't start restricting content to regions that they didn't have a license for.

If you don't stop showing our movies or TV shows in the U.K., we'll terminate your license to show them to anyone.

Netflix doesn't have any choice if they want to be able to offer that content to at least some of their customers.