Re: should accessible steam games be added to the database

I have already said this, maybe they should be under a separate page, or have some kind of steam tag on them, or make a platform filter (btw, we actually havea  platform item in the database and you still can't filter by that). But people should have the chance. I'm not saying I would recommend steam, because I wouldn't, but if you're set pu trying the games, it's not even that hard. Install, -login user pass -no-dwrite, buy th games on the site, go to steam window, press first few letters of game, enter, and find next with flat review or jaws cursor. And then you get an item on the desktop. Is that seriously so hard to do? Yes, it's harder than setup.exe, enter, alt n times 5 and alt i, but seriously? Can't we even go through something more challenging than that to get a game up and running? Again, we're a minority. It would be nice to have an accessible steam client, but how many users are on this forum? How many of those are blind? A nd how many sighted users are on steam? Valve doesn't really have the need to make it accessile, and we're going to have to either deal with that and support the developers who choose steam because of how easy it is for them, or constantly wine about it and try to make them release standalone versions, which they might not want to do for a number of reasons. I could wine at Valiant8086 for making his game available only on GDG, which requires a constant connection (which btw is annoying as hell) but hey, it's his choice if he wants to use the platform and we all have to deal with it. If we include only games which Dark and maybe 2 other people can test, what if a game comes out for a console that they don't have? It could come up talking, but it would require you to go to the store and buy the CD, which is already harder than alt+n, alt+i, so it wouldn't be added?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Lettsee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : bradp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ianhamilton_ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ianhamilton_ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Figment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : arjan via Audiogames-reflector